All you have to know about Egypt e-visa
With Egypt being one of the ideal travel destinations, as well as a large number of business opportunities, it is essential that the Visa process to be simplified.
The eVisa Egypt is an electronic travel authorization made for citizens that desire to go to Egypt for vacation. This program accelerates the application procedure to secure new visas. The travelers can choose between a single or multiple-entry visa for Egypt, in accordance with the duration of your trip.
You can obtain this Egypt e-Visa without visiting the embassy, just through a web application. This all new process was implemented by the Egyptian authorities.
e-visa Egypt requirements
There are a few requirements the holidaymakers must take into account in order to be able to acquire the Electronic Travel Authorization to enter Egypt. Here are the most important ones:
- You should have a valid passport which will not expire for at least 8 months.
- Only 7 countries are visa-exempt: Malaysia, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macao, as well as the United Arab Emirates.
- Please be aware that there are many kinds of visas, so you have to see if your nationality is eligible for the online visa or for the one to acquire on arrival.
- Once you have the confirmation that you are able to apply for an online visa, make sure you complete the online form without having mistakes.
- Use your credit or debit card to cover the charge.
- A main page of your passport is necessary, so ensure you get a scan or picture of it to upload.
- Once you get the electronic visa you should print out a duplicate of it to present it to the Egyptian border.
What you should select between a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa
Whether you’re submitting an application for a Visa on arrival or e-Visa, you have to choose its type. Based on how you prepared your journey, you can make the best choice:
Single-entry Egypt Visa
This type allows a 30 days stay and are also valid for 6 months, starting off the issue day. When travelling with a group, one individual can apply online for all of the vacationers, but every one of them must complete and sign their own forms. This does not apply for guardians or parents, who will sign the applications for their children.
If you want to go to the Sinai Red Sea resorts for less than 15 days, you can do this with a visa-exempt stamp you have on arrival. Keep in mind that you will need a single entry Visa for the rest of the country, though.
If you are only passing through Egypt and it will require less than 2 days, you do not need to secure a Visa.
If you chose to have some trips to Egypt, you should get the multiple-entry one. This way you could leave and return as you want. This type of Visa cannot be obtained on arrival, so you must apply for it beforehand. It will enable you to stay for 30 days maximum throughout a 90 day period, containing multiple entries.
In the event you made a decision to work in Egypt and are in need of a long-term visa, first you must have a multiple-entry one. This will ease your way to get a work permit and get back whenever necessary.